Pork Baked in Vermouth
Cooking time: About 20 minutes
Prep time: 70 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 lean pork chops or slices of loin roast
- 8 medium mushrooms
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 T. catsup
- 8 sage leaves (or 1/2 t. dry sage)
- 2 slices of yellow onion
- 2 slices of tomato
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 t. dry mustard
- 1/4 t. paprika
- 2 green olives, cut in half
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- Fry pork in hot olive oil 5 minutes. Turn pork, add mushrooms, and fry 5 minutes more.
- Put pork in casserole dish and arrange mushrooms around sides.
- Salt and pepper pork. Coat with catsup and place sage leaves on top.
- Top each piece with an onion slice, tomato slice, and cut olive.
- Sprinkle pork and mushrooms with mustard and paprika.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce and vermouth into dish around pork and mushrooms.
- Bake tightly covered 1 hour at 350 deg. F.
Modification of recipe by Mrs. Tom Daley in "The Gasparilla Cookbook", Tampa Junior League, 1961
Up a Level Return to Home Page