Sausage Salad with Rice and Corn
Cooking time: About 25 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 6 oz. sausage links, sliced
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels
- 6 oz. smoked cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 bunch watercress (leaves only)
- 1 t. prepared mustard (Dijon or flavored)
- 2 t. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup mild olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Boil water in 1 qt. covered pan. Add rice, cover and return to boil. Simmer at very low heat for 25 minutes.
- Toast pine nuts on cookie sheet in 325 degree oven for 10 minutes. Don't let them burn.
- Put mustard, vinegar and oil in covered jar. Shake vigorously.
- Heat oil in hot wok. Add sausage slices and stir fry 3 minutes.
- Add frozen corn and cook 3 more minutes. Add cooked rice and cheese and stir.
- Mix in pine nuts, watercress, and dressing. Serve while hot.
Up a Level Return to Home Page