Curried Pork Chops with Mangos
Cooking time: About 15 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 6 oz. lean 1" thick pork chop, cut in two pieces
- 1 t. curry powder
- 1/4 t. Cajun red pepper seasoning
- 1 t. olive oil
- 3 green onions, cut in 1" pieces
- 1/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried mangos, chopped
- 1 t. corn starch
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (or 1 t. no-sodium bouillon powder)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- Mix curry powder and red pepper seasoning in a small dish and coat pork chops with it.
- Heat olive oil in wok or heavy skillet. Fry pork chops 4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Mix cold water, corn starch and bouillon in a small dish and pour into wok.
- Add mangoes, carrots, celery and onions and simmer 6 minutes.
- Add pork chops and reheat 2 minutes.
- Serve with yogurt and steamed rice or tabbouleh.
Up a Level Return to Home Page