Chili Corn Casserole
Cooking time: 1 hour
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 6-8 servings
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 14 oz. can of creamed corn
- 14 oz. can of stewed, diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 oz. sliced olives
- 2 t. Creole Seasoning (like Tony Chachere's)
- 1 t. chili powder (or more, if you like it spicy)
- Coat the inside of a 2 - 2 1/2 quart casserole with cooking spray or oil.
- Mix all ingredients and pour into casserole.
- Bake casserole, covered, for 30 minutes at 350 deg.F.
- Stir casserole and bake, uncovered, for another 30 minutes at 350 deg.F.
Modified from a recipe received 12/16/2000 from Erin Stangeland of Pacifica, CA. She got it from her grandmother, Grace Shove.
Up a Level Return to Home Page