Shrimp & Pinenuts with Linguini
Cooking time: About 15 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 6 oz. deveined and peeled shrimp, cooked.
- 4 oz. dry linguini
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 oz. fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1/4 t. Creole seasoning (like Tony Chachere's)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 T. grated Manchego or Asiago cheese
- Cook linguini as per package directions. Drain and keep warm in two bowls.
- If shrimp are frozen, thaw them slowly in refrigerator (not in cold water).
- Heat olive oil in a pan, and saute pine nuts and garlic 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute 3 minutes.
- Add broth, lemon juice, Creole seasoning and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add thawed shrimp and simmer 2 minutes.
- Top linguini with fresh spinach, shrimp mixture, and cheese.
Based on a recipe from the Internet
Up a Level Return to Home Page