Stir-fried Pork With Mushroom and Bok Choy
Cooking time: About 10 minutes
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 head of bok choy
- 6 oz. lean pork tenderloin
- 2 T. mild olive oil
- 6 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 t. ginger powder
- 2 T. dry sherry
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. toasted sesame seed oil
- Wash bok choy. Cut into 2-inch pieces. Dry and keep stems separate.
- Cut the pork in 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Heat olive oil in a wok. Stir fry the mushrooms, garlic and ginger 2 minutes.
- Add sherry and bok choy stems. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and spread pork slices in the wok. Turn after 2 minutes.
- Add back the cooked vegetables, the bok choy leaves and soy sauce. Stir-fry another 3 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice.
Inspired by a recipe in the February, 2016 Sunset Magazine, p.88
Up a Level Return to Home Page