Prep time: About 15 minutes
Cooking time: About 45 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast (2 half breasts) or 8 thighs
- 14 oz. marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup low-salt chicken bouillion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 green olives, stuffed with pimento, chopped
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. capers
- 1 T. dried basil
- 2 t. dried oregano
- 1/4 t. ground black pepper
- Put all ingredients but the chicken in a 1-gallon ziplock bag. Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces and mix into the marinade.
- Put sealed bag in the refrigerator at least 6 hours (or overnight). Mix occasionally.
- Pour chicken and marinade into 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes, covered, in 350 deg.F oven
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes until chicken is just done (doesn't show red when poked).
- Serve over steamed rice.
Based on a recipe from Elizabeth Russell in Berkeley, CA, June 2011.
Up a Level Return to Home Page