Flo's Beef Stroganoff
Prep time: About 15 minutes
Cooking time: About 20 min.
Makes: 3 - 4 servings
- 12 oz. lean beef, cut into thin slices
- 2 T. butter
- 1/2 t. Creole seasoning (salt & cayenne pepper)
- 1/2 t. paprika
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1/3 cup Half & Half (or heavy cream)
- 1 T. sherry
- Melt 1 T. butter in a wok or heavy skillet. Add meat, seasoning and paprika.
- Saute 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl and clean wok.
- Melt remaining 1 T. butter in the wok and stir-fry onions and mushrooms 5 minutes.
- Stir in sherry and peas. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add meat, yogurt and half & half and saute final 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice, polenta or cornmeal mush.
Based on a recipe served by Florence Sekgwa at a tent camp safari in the Moremi Game Reserve in Botswana, May 2015. (Flo used sour cream, heavy cream, cayenne pepper and salt in her recipe.)
Up a Level Return to Home Page